Vibration / Haptics port is audible on PC, can I disable this?

We’re using the latest version of FMOD in the latest version of Unreal Engine 5, and we’re noticing that the haptics vibration port is outputting as regular audio in both the UE5 editor and in packaged builds for Windows. On PS5 this works fine, the haptic sounds are not audible in the output audio, but on PC they are. We’d like to support haptics on PC controllers that support them, but even if no controller is plugged in, the haptic audio is still audible. We’ve tried many combinations of pre-fader sends, muting, returns, etc, to try and fix this, but no matter what, it seems that the vibration port is always audible. Is there any way to fix this?

Ok after some additional research, haptics is specifically a PS5 / Switch thing. For Xbox and PC, at least when it comes to Unreal Engine, the built-in Force Feedback assets and functionality is available. So that means I can just mute the Vibration bus entirely on PC and Xbox and I’ll have to figure out an alternative solution to triggering similar force feedback effects on those platforms. Is my understanding of all this correct?

Hi,

Yes, that looks like the best solution to the problem, I will also link the FMOD Studio | Port Buses documentation if you haven’t seen it already.

If you encounter any issues please let me know!