Warning generated by .assets and .streams bank names

Hi FMOD,

I recently upgraded our UE4 project to 2.01.05 (4.25+) and I see you have added a warning:

LogFMOD: Warning: ‘Score Tick’ cannot be used as a UE4 asset name. Name may not contain the following characters: . Using ‘Score_Tick’ instead.
LogFMOD: Warning: ‘Music.streams’ cannot be used as a UE4 asset name. Name may not contain the following characters: … Using ‘Music_streams’ instead.

I approve of the warning and I realise that we should rename all our events to fix this. However, I’m not sure how to fix the streams/assets bank names. FMOD automatically uses the extensions “.streams.bank” or “.assets.bank” during the build and I can’t find anyway to change this. What is your recommended solution to get rid of this warning?

Thanks

Alex

1 Like

It helped me to switch to the union banks

but it is clear that the solution is temporary

As far as I can tell, the Unreal projects will continue to work as intended but with slightly changed bank names. I’ll raise this as a concern for our integration devs to look into if this could cause problems down the track, but otherwise this just appears to be a harmless warning.