Warning lookup bus model in new update (2.02.17)

I just updated to the new version of fmod from (2.02.11) - (2.02.17) and this issue spawns in the editor at the start a few times

[FMOD] ObjectLookup::get : Lookup failed for BusModel: {f5b91d0f-4051-4958-b4ed-01ab6e9d7324}

UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
FMODUnity.RuntimeUtils:DebugLogWarning (string) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/RuntimeUtils.cs:560)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:DEBUG_CALLBACK (FMOD.DEBUG_FLAGS,intptr,int,intptr,intptr) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/RuntimeManager.cs:95)
FMOD.Studio.System:getBus (string,FMOD.Studio.Bus&) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/fmod_studio.cs:444)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:ApplyMuteState () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/RuntimeManager.cs:1372)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:Update () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/RuntimeManager.cs:498)

I suspect is because is trying to obtain the Main bus but its not available as I’m async loading it myself at the start of the game. If this is the warning about how should async load my banks now?

Hi,

There was a fix introduced in 2.02.16 which should have solved this issue. Could you please check if you have the following check in the ERROR_CALLBACK function in RuntimeManger.cs from lines 121 - 126:

if (callbackInfo.instancetype == FMOD.ERRORCALLBACK_INSTANCETYPE.STUDIO_SYSTEM
    && callbackInfo.functionname.Equals(systemGetBus)
    && callbackInfo.result == FMOD.RESULT.ERR_EVENT_NOTFOUND
    && callbackInfo.functionparams.StartsWith(masterBusPrefix))
{
    return FMOD.RESULT.OK;
}

If that is not present, could you please do a fresh install of FMOD, delete the integration, and reinstall it from the Unity package manager?

Yes the check is present

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

Would it be possible to get a Unity project uploaded to your profile that is exhibiting this behavior? I was not able to reproduce the issue with the Load Banks behavior set to None (Unity Integration | Settings - Load Banks).

Here is the sample project:

(Maybe the issue is related to the Master bank being split into metadata - strings - asset ?)

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the Unity and FMOD project. I was able to reproduce the issue using your project. Would it be possible to try deleting the FMOD Integration from the Unity project and doing a fresh install from the Unity package manager and letting me know if you are still experiencing the issue?

I deleted the plugin and installed from unity package manager but the issue remains.
Maybe the package from the asset store is also wrong?
It says at the download page he version is 2.02.17 but that contradicts the version in the files.

(updated the repository with the package)

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for updating the repo. Just to confirm, you are using Unity Addressables and what operating system are you on?

Have you had a look-through our Unity Integration | Scripting Examples - Async Loading docs which outlines loading banks asynchronously?

That is odd. As long as the FMOD Unity context menu About Integration shows 2.02.17 the package version can be ignored.

Hello again,

I’m using Unity Addressables with windows.

I did look at it a few months back while implementing it, as a feedback I would ask for more examples and complex cases.

What changed in the update from (2.02.11) to (2.02.17) to start the warning to pop up? There is anything I should update in my implementation?

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion I have added a task to expand the examples.

There was a change to how the ApplyMuteState and PauseAllEvents when using Addessables (FMOD Engine | Welcome Revision History).

As this is just a warning it can be safely ignored and you can choose to filter it out using the FMOD integration settings. Apologies, I cannot assist further.

Thank you for the response.

Sad there is no good fix as this one you propose could mask legitimate issues when using fmod. Either way I understand it not being a priority right now, hopefully in future versions we will have better error/warning handling.

Have a nice day

1 Like