Warnings when running the game in Unity editor

I’m experiencing the following warnings when playing my game in the Unity editor (v2022.2.18). The first warning appears immediately. The second warning appears after I’ve progressed through the level a bit. The last warning appears when I stop the game. Are any of these reason for concern or is FMOD just notifying me that it’s using more resources? Are these values within reason for a release on PC, PS5, XBOX, and Switch?

I can attach an FMOD profiler session if that helps too. The forums won’t let me upload a .fspackage file though.

Hi,

Those warnings indicate the following:

• The DSP JobList expanding means that your mixer is particularly large/complex
  • The AsyncCommandBuffer growing means that you’re submitting enough Studio API commands that the buffer used to store them for processing by the FMOD System needs to expand
  • Buffer Starvation means that the FMOD System isn’t producing enough audio quick enough to fill the buffer of the output driver

The first two warnings typically just indicate that your project is at a certain level of complexity, especially if you’re only receiving them once. Buffer starvation has potential to be a bit more concerning, but given that it only happens when you stop the game, it’s unlikely to be a problem.

I can only speak in generalities since I don’t have access to your project or profiler data, but if you’re not observing any audio issues (artifacting, latency, etc.), at present I wouldn’t be too concerned. If you would like me to take a closer look, you can upload to the “Uploads” tab of your FMOD Profile. Note that you’ll have to register a project with us to be able to upload to your profile.

These values do not provide any particularly meaningful information on the FMOD System’s performance on target platforms. For that, I would recommend profiling on those platforms with the FMOD Studio profiler and the given platform’s profiling tools.