Buffer Starvation warning in Unity

Hi there,

I’m struggling with this warning that I am getting in my Unity project. Does anyone know how to ‘get more bytes’? This is currently using a lot of my CPU with only a handful of sound elements playing at once.

[FMOD] OutputRingBuffer::read : Buffer starvation detected, requested 2048 bytes, 0 / 16384 bytes available.

UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:DEBUG_CALLBACK(DEBUG_FLAGS, StringWrapper, Int32, StringWrapper, StringWrapper) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:33)

This is a symptom of an issue, the mixer isn’t being fed enough data to produce sound consistently. This is likely due to the high CPU usage and/or if there is any lagging/freezing.

What exactly is using up all the CPU?

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Currently, I have 2 separate events running simultaneously. Each event has 3 separate ambisonic WAV files (compressed and very small - only around 350kb per file) that I have volume automation on event orientation and elevation parameters.

Cheers,

What are you using to measure the CPU usage? Unity has a built in profiler you can use for your game and FMOD Studio has a profiler you can use for the audio.

Hey,did you solved the problem?
I’m encountering the same thing with fmod 2.00.18