What is Editor Live Update?

Hello , can you explain in short just what is Editor Live Update or point me to a place where i can read about it.

Thank you
Koca

Live Update is the term connecting FMOD Studio up to your running game, either Play-In-Editor or a built game.
This allows you to monitor and/or modify events while connected to the game.
https://fmod.com/resources/documentation-studio?page=/welcome-to-fmod-studio.html#live-update

Editor Live Update can be used in UE4 for auditioning and authoring events while inside the editor (but not during Play-In-Editor). For example, this will allow you to adjust events that are played through an animation.

I see, the OP is years old, but I have the issue, that the Editor Live Update does not work and FMOD can’t connect to the editor. Still only works in PIE.
The confusing thing is, that sounds in animations work, but in Sequencer the events are not hearable (I remember that it was the case some time ago). I am not sure if that is connected to the issue of why Editor Live Update can’t connect.

I want to use it to edit sounds while in the editor and working with the UE Sequencer.

Using FMOD 2.02.15 and UE5.2

Hi,

You may need to change the IP that FMOD Studio is trying to connect to. You can grab the port from the Integration settings:
Then add a new IP address to Live Update:
and append the port to localhost:

Hope this helps!

1 Like