3D sound position scattered sounds

Hi
sound intervals are not working with scattered sounds. Also how to set 3d sound
positions. I want the scattered from all directions.

Thanks

Hi Mike,

Could you please explain what is not working exactly? I can see from your screenshot that you have set the “Interval Between Sounds” property to play new sounds between 54 seconds and 5 minutes.

You also have total sounds set to 4 which means once 4 sounds have been played the instrument will no longer trigger any new sounds.

You can adjust the min & max scatter distance of the scatterer instrument but you cannot manipulate where these are coming from. The scatterer instrument will spawn sounds from all directions of the event instance’s location.

Thanks,
Richard

1 Like

Hi Richard
the interval between sounds. If I concentrate on one song, I see that it get’s played two often like every ~5 seconds not close to 50 seconds.
I’ve a autoloop in the main timeline.

In this case I want 2-4 crows to be randomly around the listener. Basically one crow randomly on the left speaker and another right but they’re always from both speakers.

Many thanks
Michael

Hi Mike,

I can’t seem to replicate the issue you are experiencing with the same setup. Are you able to send a repro project to support@fmod.com and we’ll try to investigate further there?

You can have two tracks with scatterer instruments on them panned hard left and hard right for a similar effect. As mentioned you won’t be able to control where the scatterer instrument scatters the sounds.

Thanks,
Richard

1 Like