Assets > Plugins > FMOD > Cache > Editor > FMODStudioCache spammed with thousands of duplicate Parameter:/XXX/YYY Scriptable Objects

The further into the past the parameter was created in Studio, the more copies exist.
I just added one last night and it already has 16, so I think that at least one copy is created whenever the editor enters play mode.
Just wanted to confirm with someone that this is normal. There are literally thousands of duplicates packed into this address and it seems like something is almost certainly wrong.
I’m also curious if it’s acceptable to delete them to clear out the file and if it will rebuild itself…

No, that’s not normal, try updating to the latest version of either 2.01 or 2.02.
We’ve just fixed several causes of cache asset duplication, simply upgrading should cleanup all the existing ones too.

Okay thanks. I just upgraded from 2.01 to 2.02 and it seems to have stopped the behavior.

While I have you: Upgrading seems to have broken the in-Unity audio. No sound from in-game.
The setup wizard verifies that everything is configured properly, and the Event Browser plays the audio events fine, but there’s no audio during runtime.
I know that’s kind of an open-ended / broad problem to address, but I’m wondering if you have any tips for troubleshooting?

CPU: dsp = 0.1%, studio = 0.1%
MEMORY : cur = 8MB, max = 8MB
CHANNELS: real = 0, total = 0
VOLUME: RMS = -80.00db

I’m also seeing that all FMOD Studio Event Emitters in play mode have the following state:

Legacy Event [event:/mySounds/myEvent]
Will be migrated to Event
Event [blank]
“Event Not Found”

I’m glad that helped.

Generally it’s best to start a new thread for a new issue as it helps anyone searching with similar issues to find answers. Also be aware that upgrading from 2.01 to 2.02 is a major version change. Make sure you are familiar with the changes that were made and necessary steps to migrate your project in our What’s New section of the docs.