FMOD Duplicate Key Error

Almost every time I open my project FMOD is throwing errors and corrupting the asset database (requiring a re-import to fix it). I’m using version 2.02.04.

Here’s a log file with all of the errors from FMOD:
FmodUnityLog.txt (3.7 KB)

I don’t know if this is related but there’s something quite odd going on with the FMODStudioSettings.asset file. There’s only one copy of the file on disk, but in editor it looks like this:

If I select one of those files, both get selected. So the editor knows that they are somehow the same file but it’s there twice. Given that the error os to do wit duplicate entries I thought that was worth drawing attention to!

Edit: I deleted the FMODStudioSettings.asset file and re-imported the project (yet again!) and it seems to be loading ok now.

Good to hear it seems to be working now after a reimport. Perhaps this is a result of updating, have you updated from a previous version of FMOD for this project?

I didn’t, this was a fresh install. I did install FMOD in a separate branch of the project, switch back to master branch to do some other work and then came back to the FMOD branch, so perhaps I somehow messed things up there? I’m not really sure what you can possibly do to cause Unity to display the same file twice like that!

Yeah that is strange, perhaps it was a merge issue or something. I haven’t been able to reproduce anything, but thanks for the extra info, please let us know if the issue comes back and I’ll investigate further.

1 Like