Attempting to schedule a sound in the past, this could cause inaccurate playback. Spam

When I enter the lobby of my game, I get spammed with this. I can’t google my way to anything helpful. I have the right banks loaded. Anything I’m missing?

Full error:

[FMOD] PlaylistInstrumentInstance::startFullLengthHook : Attempting to schedule a sound in the past, this could cause inaccurate playback.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:DEBUG_CALLBACK(DEBUG_FLAGS, StringWrapper, Int32, StringWrapper, StringWrapper) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:33)

/Loktarg

Loading bank sample data should help with the “Attempting to schedule a sound in the past” warnings, this is normally a sign that the event hasn’t had enough time to load before it is started.

Is there anything else of interest in the logs at all?

Nope :slight_smile: Thanks!

I’m getting the same error testing my game for PlayStation 4. I’m not sure I understand the solution - can you explain what you did? :slight_smile:

I’d love to have more information on how to achieve this :slight_smile:

EDIT :

• I only have the warning on mac (in editor, targeting ios)
  • The warning disappear if you remove “live update”
  • using fmod version 2.00.10 /w unity 2019.4.9f1

If you are loading all your banks from the settings you can choose to load all sample data:
Screenshot 2021-01-18 143308

Loading banks from the Sudio Bank Loader has an option for loading sample data
Screenshot 2021-01-18 143446

Otherwise if you are loading banks from C#, you can specify whether or not to load the sample data in the second parameter of LoadBank .