Avoiding FMODStudio and FMODStudioEditor recompilation

Building the UE4 project that I am working on after changing a project-specific file that is completely unrelated to the plugin very often triggers the following, where X is some number:

UE4Editor-FMODStudio-000X.dll
Creating library […]\UE4\Plugins\FMODStudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\FMODStudio\UE4Editor-FMODStudio-000X.suppressed.lib and object […]\UE4\Plugins\FMODStudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\FMODStudio\UE4Editor-FMODStudio-000X.suppressed.exp
and likewise for FMODStudioEditor.

How can I prevent this from happening? The extension of my build times that it causes is infuriating.

Apologies for the delay, this is something we are looking into but do not have an answer for yet.

Thank you for looking into it, but I don’t think you need busy yourself with it; I have looked and asked all over the place and it seems to have been a freak issue with even MSBuild and UBT logs being of no assistance. I was trying all sorts of things, such as clean builds with “bUsePrecompiled = true”, but that was messing up my DLL loading and it turns out a clean build from within the IDE with the default .Build.cs files seems to have sorted it out.

1 Like