"Banks is not initialized properly" when packaging UE4 build

UE4 version: 4.27
FMOD: 2.02.03
Platform: Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.6

Hello! So I’ve seen a few topics that sum up the idea that “FMOD plays audio just fine when using the UE4 editor, but doesn’t when packaging a build.” However, I haven’t been able to find any topics that cover this specific warning, which I imagine is the root cause of why I’m experiencing the issue.

UATHelper: Cooking (Mac):   LogInit: Display: Warning/Error Summary (Unique only)
UATHelper: Cooking (Mac):   LogInit: Display: -----------------------------------
UATHelper: Cooking (Mac):   LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: ObjectProperty FFMODLocalizedBankTable::Banks is not initialized properly. Module:FMODStudio File:Private/FMODBankLookup.h
UATHelper: Cooking (Mac):   LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: ObjectProperty FCacheSpawnableTemplate::DuplicatedTemplate is not initialized properly. Module:ChaosCaching File:Public/Chaos/ChaosCache.h
UATHelper: Cooking (Mac):   LogInit: Display: LogAutomationTest: Warning: ObjectProperty FFMODLocalizedBankTable::Banks is not initialized properly. Module:FMODStudio File:Private/FMODBankLookup.h
UATHelper: Cooking (Mac):   LogInit: Display: LogAutomationTest: Warning: ObjectProperty FCacheSpawnableTemplate::DuplicatedTemplate is not initialized properly. Module:ChaosCaching File:Public/Chaos/ChaosCache.h
UATHelper: Cooking (Mac):   LogInit: Display:
UATHelper: Cooking (Mac):   LogInit: Display: Success - 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)

The main warnings I get are “Banks is not initialized properly” and “DuplicatedTemplate is not initialized properly.” Based on the log, I’m not sure if I’m supposed to edit something in the FMOD plugin code or if there is something with UE4 I need to change. Full-disclosure, this UE4 project started as a Blueprint-only project and I only just this week added in a blank C++ class because many of the FMOD-specific issues I found online seemed to have suggested it was due to not having a C++ project.

What’s interesting about this packaging issue is that, based on the strings I setup, it seems like the actual FMOD event files are still getting packaged. When I have UE4 check if an FMOD Event variable is valid, I have it print the string of the variable value (in the case of the screenshot, it is “Shroud_Theme”). So that’s coming through. But when I Play Event 2D and check if “Event Instance is Valid,” I get that it’s not valid. I’m guessing it has to do with the “banks is not initialized properly” warning, but I don’t really know how to even approach this.

Hoping someone might have a better idea as to what’s going on here and what I can do. Appreciate the help!

Thanks for letting us know about the warning, I don’t think it is related to the no sound issue but I will let the Dev team know and they will investigate further. As for the other part, although UFMODEvent variable exists, I think the underlying data it needs to play the event is missing in a packaged build. In any case, this is a known issue with the latest release and we’ve recently released a patch, can you please try downloading the patch from our website and reinstalling?

Hey, thanks a bunch for the reply! I somehow missed that a new patch was uploaded when I was scouring through the forum the past little while. Just downloaded the patch and that solved it. Now I’ve got audio in the packaged build!

Curiously, the “Banks is not initialized properly” warning still comes up during the cooking and packaging process. So you’re correct that the warning was unrelated to the issue.

Glad to hear that’s working now! I think we had only just released it after you posted. Yeah I think that warning’s benign, let us know if you run into anymore issues though!

1 Like