Building Switch patch includes all FMOD banks?

I’m using Unity 2020.1.17f1 with FMOD ver. 2.01.07.

I have a question about how FMOD banks are built into a package. We did a patch test on Switch, changing just one of the SFX banks, and it seems like no matter what, all banks are getting included in the patch. I’ve attached the log file that shows this.

My hunch is that it might have something to do with the auto-generated hashes that make up the filenames for these bank files, which makes Switch think they are all new files because the filename has changed (maybe?). We currently import the banks into Streaming Assets so that we can stream audio, but maybe we should turn them into asset bundles instead…

It could also be something else entirely, but maybe someone here has a better understanding of how banks are handled by console patches.

SwitchPatchDiff.txt (6.6 KB)

I’d expect the Switch patcher is doing a binary diff of the FMOD banks from the old and new version of the game.

I’m assuming from your statement regarding the banks being included in the patch that you haven’t made any changes to the audio?

Building FMOD banks multiple times should produce identical results, if you are experiencing otherwise we’d be keen to check your project to determine what’s going wrong.

I wouldn’t expect any issues from the name hashes for the files, nor should it be necessary to use asset bundles to avoid patching differences.