I’m trying to wrap my head around the Studio API to eventually integrate it into my application.
I have successfuly played back a wave file using the Core API, along with some basic FFT analysis.
I’m now stuck at playing back FMOD Studio events. I am following the steps from the documentation:
- Init the Studio System > OK
- Load Bank (incl. strings) > OK
- Explicitly load samples > Forever in LOADING state, but can be skipped
- Lookup Event via path and create an instance from the EventDescription > OK
- Call Start on the instance > OK, but now the instance is forever stuck in the STARTING state as it fails to load the sample and never plays
Using system.flushSampleLoading() after sample load calls does not block (strange) and neither fixes anything.
The Studio project is compiled for Desktop and functions fully in Unity.
I’m using the *.cs wrappers and dlls included in the API installation.
Is there anything I’m missing in the setup process or anywhere else? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
Here’s the test app source and build incl. the FMOD Studio project