Channel limit on Web Builds

When building a web application of my Unity game there seem to be a very clear 10 channel limit even if I set FMODs virtual or real channel count to be higher. I can ascertain this because as soon as it goes above 10 I start seeing these log messages:

I cannot find any information about where this limitation comes from either. Is this something you guys are aware of and do you know if there is a work around because the game I’m working on really relies on having more channels than this. :melting_face:

I’m using Unity version 6000.0.7f1 which is a preview version.
I’m using FMOD version 2.02.11.
And testing on Chrome 127.0.6533.89

Hi,

Thank you for the information and the images. Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce the issue. Would it be possible to try updating your FMOD integration to the current Unity-verified version 2.02.23? Could I get screenshots of the events, the group bus, and the master bus? There are also channel limitations in the integration settings:

Hope this helps

Thanks for the quick response! Hmm it’s weird you cannot reproduce it. :c I’ll try to update FMOD version and get back to you. And like I said in my original post I’ve tried changing the Real and Virtual Channel Count already unfortunately.

1 Like

My apologies for missing that. Would it also be possible to get those screenshots as well?

Okay so I’ve also verified that this behavior also happens in with version 2.02.23 of the FMOD integration in WebGPU/WebGL builds.

As for the screenshots of events, group bus and master bus I’m not sure I’m knowledgeable enough to know how to best show this information but I’ll try. I’ll also try to supply a little more information below.

To reproduce this I created a new scene and then added five cubes in front of the camera on which I attached five different Event References and made them set the Play Event as Object Mouse Enter. Then I just kept dragging the mouse over all the objects during runtime. There is probably a better way to repro this tho xD

The busses I’m not sure what you’re interested in but here is a screenshot from FMOD studio Mixer window. If you’re intereted in anything specific from this that I’ve not shown let me know.

As for the events used I’ve not found any specific connections here as I use any random events during my tests. Thus I’m not sure there is a value in showing all our events unless you think you can gauge anything useful from it.

Thank you for all the information and the screenshots. That all looks good. Would it be possible to get a copy of your project or a stripped-down version displaying the issue uploaded to your profile? Please note you must register a project with us before uploading files.

1 Like

Cool! I’ll try to get that uploaded sometime next week probably. I also gonna try some more experiments to see what the reason for this could be. Because I noticed in another project that this message did not appear…

I can however say that despite this error the audio (sound wise) still appear unaffected to my ears. So that’s a silver lining :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good to hear it is not affecting the audible sound. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

A lot of other things got in between but thought I’d follow up here.

I wanna start by saying I don’t think this is a limitation like I thought initially. I think it’s more like a red herring I get when I turn on “Enable API Error Logging” in FMOD settings in Unity. Plus I can reproduce this in editor so it’s not web specific either… It also doesn’t seem specifically tied to the amount of channels currently used, it was just my old test method that aligned with 10 very well.

I’ve uploaded the files for a small project that can reproduce the “issue”. It would still be interesting to know why we get these errors and if it could lead to or cause any issues we are unaware of. :smiley:

Thank you for the Unity project. Would it be possible also to get the FMOD project as well? That would allow me to connect a profiler session to review how instances are being created.

Thanks

1 Like

Sure things. The full fmod project should have already been included in the previous upload as well but I uploaded the packaged fmod project separately as per your instructions above.

Hi,

Appologies I missed that. Thank you for the help. I have been able to reproduce the issue.

I have passed on the issue to our development team to investigate further. Unfortunately, I do not have a solution at this time.