Collapse Effects in Track Effects Window

Is there a way to toggle collapsing all of the collapseable effects in the track effects window?
Every time i want to see something at the end of my signal chain i either have to manually collapse everything or scroll to the end.
It would be a very handy feature for someone like myself who has long effects chains on lots of events

1 Like

No. As of the time of writing (July of 2024), there is no easy way to collapse all of the effects in a signal chain at once.

That being said, it is possible to collapse a shared effect chain. If you find yourself using the same combinations of effects with the same settings in multiple events, I recommend making them into a shared effect chain. In addition to making it easier to re-use the same effects in multiple events, doing so will allow you collapse the entire shared effect chain at once.

Is there a way of doing this through script by any chance?

I am currently using shared effect chains but since there is no way to have nested effect chains (ive put a feature request in for this already) and not all events need the same effect chains it’s a bit hard to do this in my current project.
Also the fact that collapsed chains dont stay collapsed when selecting different events means that i have to re-collapse the chains every time.

Could i put in a feature request to collapse all collapsable effects / chains in the track mixer window?

Fwiw im on Studio v2.02.20 :slight_smile:

As of the time of writing (July of 2024), it is not possible to collapse an effect using an FMOD Studio script.

I’ve already added this suggestion to our feature and improvement tracker, and added you to the list of people interested in it.

1 Like

Fab thank you very much @joseph!!