Errors when launching FMOD after the project has been cloned to another machine

When running the project clone with git on another machine this error happens.

Can someone help me please ? I already removed the FMOD Unity Asset store Plugin and imported it 3 times.

AssetDatabase (CreateSerializedAsset) detected that the asset is already being imported. Asset Path=‘Assets/Plugins/FMOD/Resources/FMODStudioSettings.asset’ Guid=‘92718924453ff44478d993f11b10f16d’
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
FMODUnity.EditorSettings:CreateSettingsAsset (string) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorSettings.cs:69)
FMODUnity.Settings:Initialize () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Settings.cs:280)
FMODUnity.Settings:get_Instance () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Settings.cs:255)
FMODUnity.EditorSettings:CanBuildTarget (UnityEditor.BuildTarget,FMODUnity.Platform/BinaryType,string&) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorSettings.cs:444)
FMODUnity.EditorSettings:CheckActiveBuildTarget () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorSettings.cs:662)
FMODUnity.Settings:OnEnable () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Settings.cs:622)

UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Plugins/FMOD/Resources/FMODStudioSettings.asset failed.
FMODUnity.EditorSettings.CreateSettingsAsset (System.String assetName) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorSettings.cs:69)
FMODUnity.Settings.Initialize () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Settings.cs:280)
FMODUnity.Settings.get_Instance () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Settings.cs:255)
FMODUnity.EditorSettings.CanBuildTarget (UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, FMODUnity.Platform+BinaryType binaryType, System.String& error) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorSettings.cs:444)
FMODUnity.EditorSettings.CheckActiveBuildTarget () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorSettings.cs:662)
FMODUnity.Settings.OnEnable () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Settings.cs:622)

Hi,

Could you post your current .gitignore?

Could you check how many FMODStudioSettings.assets are in the Unit Project/Assets/Plugins/Resources/ Folder?

If there is more than 1, try deleting all of them, this should make them recompile.

Hope this helps!

I removed all FMOD files as per this post:

FMOD Gitignore

FMOD Unity Integration

Never ignore DLLs in the FMOD subfolder, so make sure that the FMOD-folder is in the correct path.

!/[Aa]ssets/Plugins/FMOD/**/*.dll

Don’t ignore images and gizmos used by FMOD in the Unity Editor

!/[Aa}ssets/Gizmos/FMOD/*
!/[Aa}ssets/Editor Default Resources/FMOD/*

Ignore the Cache-file since it is updated locally either way

/[Aa]ssets//FMODStudioCache.asset
/[Aa]ssets/
/FMODStudioCache.asset.meta
/[Aa]ssets/Plugins/FMOD/Cache.meta
/[Aa]ssets/Plugins/FMOD/Cache/Editor.meta

Log-files

fmod.log
fmod_editor.log

FMOD 1.10.x (Legacy)

/Assets/FMODAssets/*
/Assets/FMODStudioCache.meta

I managed to solve it by removing the entire Unity FMOD package and installing version 2.01.11 by downloading it directly from the FMOD Downloads website.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your solution!

Which version of the integration were you importing from Unity Package Manager that was causing the issue?