ETA for 5.3 support?

I’m looking to start a new project on 5.3, just curious what sort of timeline to expect? Thanks for this amazing tool!

We’re planning to include UE5.3 in our 2.02.19 release which will be in about 7 weeks but we’ll put our UE5.3 plugin source up on our github as soon as it’s ready. Should be good to go in a week or two.

1 Like

Hi op,

To get fmod 2.02.17 compiling on 5.3 (while we wait for the official release), I just needed to fix an include inL

Plugins/FMODStudio/Source/FMODStudioEditor/Private/FMODAmbientSoundActorFactory.cpp

#include “AssetRegistry/Public/AssetData.h”

to

#include “AssetRegistry/AssetData.h”

7 weeks, so long :open_mouth: What should I do in the meantime :rofl:

that is unfortunate given how trivial the fix is.

@alan665 Thank you for providing the fix, however I’m not having any luck getting it to work.
What I did:

1. Cloned the unreal integration from GitHub
  2. Made the change you provided
  3. Followed the steps here: FMOD - User Guide (compiling the plugin optional)
  4. Right-clicked the .uproject file > “Generate Visual Studio Project files”
  5. Launched the project, it prompts:

The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:

FMODStudio
FMODStudioEditor

Would you like to rebuild them now?

And results in

TestProject could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.

Any idea what I did wrong here?

1 Like

Can you tell me how you made it compile? Simply changing this line doesnt do it for me. I have a ton of build errors. I followed the FMOD tutorial and copied the necessary files from an already compiled plugin into the source code plugin folder. Any unreal BuildSettingsVersion gives me a ton of errors.

I just went through the compile errors and fixed them, theres lots of build errors but they stem from one or two missing includes. Heres the plugin with my changes:

Obviously this is just a dirty hack until FMOD actually release and test their official 5.3 version, the ‘fix’ mentioned earlier is not as simple as me fixing some includes, ive only tested this for my purposes.

1 Like

I’ve put the source for our UE5.3 integration up on github here. Note: This is pre-release code - if you find any problems with it, let us know.

I cloned the branch you posted, copied the qwhole 5.2 plugin according to the tutorial above without overwriting any files (deleted intermediate and “unreal” files and regenerated project files.)

Those platform #defines were removed back in 2.02-UE5.1 - there’s no reference to them in 2.02-UE5.3. Maybe there’s some old files hanging around on your machine? Try deleting the dir before cloning?

1 Like

Yes yes, i am stupid and forgot to change the branch. My fault. Thanks for your help.

Yes I have actually major issues rn and I don’t know wether it is a problem of FMOD or Unreal. Since UE5.3 this is what engine sounds sound like:

The values are send to FMOD via ASync physics tick. It worked till UE5.2. No code in the project changed since the update to UE5.3. Any ideas?

To me it sounds like the values are not updated in a fixed interval but I already checked the async tick, its delta time is correct and I also get the correct amount of passed async ticks per event tick.

Is there already a more exact release date for the plugin? My studio urgently needs the newer version for various features that we want to implement with unreal engine 5.3. The only hurdle is currently the fmod plugin. An more precise release date would be great to be able to plan better.

If it’s urgent, grab the source off our github. We don’t have a more exact release date at this point.

I tried to compile it and got two errors:

[54/73] Link [x64] UnrealEditor-FMODStudio.dll
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: Eingabedatei “G:\fmod\Compiled\HostProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudio....\Binaries\Win64\fmodL_vc.lib” kann nicht geöffnet werden.

[72/73] Link [x64] UnrealEditor-FMODStudioEditor.dll
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: Eingabedatei “G:\fmod\Compiled\HostProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudio....\Binaries\Win64\fmodL_vc.lib” kann nicht geöffnet werden.

You need to grab the FMOD libs from the appropriate version of the FMOD Programmers API installer for your game. From the FMOD Programmers API installer, copy everything in api\core\lib\x64 and api\studio\lib\x64 into the $YOURGAME\Plugins\FMODStudio\Binaries\Win64 folder.

Still waiting to update Unreal to 5.3, can’t because of FMOD. :cry:

Same. Can we maybe get an update on the ETA for the new release?

Tutorial How to Compile FMOD for 5.3