Event browser not appearing / Play Event dropdown not working

Brand new to fmod and Unity, and not a coder by any stretch, so bear with me.

Info: I have an old mac that I have not updated with any new OS for years, so am using old Unity, fmod, and the correct integration version to align with these.

Issue: I thought I finally managed to get everything to integrate, but when I assign the event emitter, the event browser doesn’t come up. The Play Event and Stop Event dropdowns are there, but if I click on one of the options it doesn’t do anything - just stays as None.

It may be relevant that I can’t seem to replace the Unity listener with the FMOD Audio Listener when I go through the Wizard (I click the button, but nothing happens and the Listener rectangle on the left stays yellow instead of turning green). I did add the FMOD Studio Listener to my Main Camera as I read that’s what you’re supposed to do if this happens.

Any advice?

Hi,

What version of Unity and FMOD are you using?

Hi Connor, thanks for replying -

I’m using Unity 2019.4.0f1 and FMOD 2.01.20.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce the issue. Are there any errors being logged in the console when you are trying to open the Event Brower, would it be possible to try one of the Unity-verified versions of FMOD either 2.01.11 or 2.02.11?

Hi Connor,

Thanks for this! Seems obvious now. I deleted the other version of FMOD and got the Unity-verified. Now I can use the dropdown menus, and the event browser is there, but I have a little yellow-signed warning underneath that says Event Not Found.

When I use the Wizard, it still not letting me replace Unity Listeners with FMOD Audio Listener. I get this warning when I try:

Destroying assets is not permitted to avoid data loss.
If you really want to remove an asset use DestroyImmediate (theObject, true);

Scratch that first part!

Seems to be working fine (and is playable).
I think it’s sorted now, but will try some more things and may get back to you.

Thank you so much for your help, Connor!

1 Like

Good to hear it is working! Please let me know if you have any other issues!