Event Reference Updater cant find references in non monobehaviour classes

hey there mr FMOD!

I’m updating my project from 2.0 to 2.2, and ive been going through the event reference updater wizard to not lose all of my event references. everything seems to be going smoothly, except for any reference that is contained in a class that isn’t the monobehaviour script.

For example:

Conversation.cs

public class Conversation : MonoBehaviour
{
    //monobehavior that uses ConversationCharacterData
    //....
}

[System.Serializable]
public class ConversationCharacterData
{
    [EventRef(MigrateTo ="voiceClipEvent")] 
    public string voiceClip;
    public EventReference voiceClipEvent;
    //....
}

In the example above, the scan function in the Update Event References window can’t find “voiceClip”, therefore it never migrates the reference to “voiceClipEvent”. All other references work, except for these kinds of data classes. I have them everywhere in my project.

Is there a way to ensure that these references also get automatically updated, or is there something I’m missing? I really don’t want to go through and set them manually in my project, there are hundreds of instances of this!

Thank you so much!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, this seems to be an ovseright. I have passed this on to the Dev team to see if we can automate updating EventRefs in non-MonoBehaviours.
In the meantime, I think it might be best to continue using the EventRef attribute on any affected events.

Ah, good to know it is a bug. Will you post here when it is fixed so i can update and fix these changes?

Thanks!

We will list the fix in our release notes when it becomes available, as well as the release email if you are subscribed to those.