FMOD 1.05.12 Plugin not compiling (Visual Studio 2013)

I’ve just downloaded latest FMOD Studio and associated plugin. It doesn’t compile now.
File: FMODBlueprintStatics.cpp

Line 22: UFMODBlueprintStatics::PlayEventAtLocation -> the function signature is wrong. It doesn’t correspond to the one defined in the header. I’ve just replaced it by the header one and it’s OK.

Line 109 to 117: UFMODBlueprintStatics::FindAssetByName and UFMODBlueprintStatics::FindEventByName are not even defined in the header. I’ve just commented them and the project is now compiling and providing the DLL. Those are probably Blueprint callable methods missing from the header file.

I’ve run my project and all seems to works as expected.Though the 2 methods above are not available to use in BP.

Can you please provide the good version of

• FMODBlueprintStatics.h
  • FMODBlueprintStatics.cpp

Thank you,

Of course, if nobody else complains about that, it will be good to have this fixed for UE 4.7 official release :wink:

For instance I can still continue to work without using the missing methods.
I just wonder which signature is used to define the methods in the header. If they are BP Callable then I just need to know what metadata you use in it so I can add them in the header.

Ok, I’ve just checked in the binary build of UE4 editor which is also installed on my machine with the plugin and I can see the category in FMOD context popup, which is the same as LoadBank for example.
Then I’ve added the methods to the header using the same “annotation”.

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = "Audio|FMOD", meta = (UnsafeDuringActorConstruction = "true"))
static class UFMODAsset* FindAssetByName(const FString& Name);

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = "Audio|FMOD", meta = (UnsafeDuringActorConstruction = "true"))
static class UFMODEvent* FindEventByName(const FString& Name);

Now I can see and use the 2 missing methods in the compiled version of UE4 and FMOD Plugin.
Please, don’t forget to add them for next release :wink:

We recently moved FMODBlueprintStatics.h from the \Private directory to the \Classes directory. If you unzip the new version over the top of the old one, you’ll have a stale file which may explain the problem.

You will need to delete the old version of the file. We should probably make this clearer in the install instructions.

1 Like