Multiple plugins with the same name 'fmodstudiol'

Hello,

I get the following error after reinstalling Unity, FMOD and moving my project files from another computer to the fresh install. I saw that there are two instances of fmodstudiol in the FMOD folders so I decided to delete one of the files. This fixed the error when Unity was open but after restarting Unity the error came back I don’t think I’m doing this correctly.

When I open the Package Manager, I don’t see a button to uninstall the plugin. I’m trying to understand the problem but I’m really stuck. Any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks!

Multiple plugins with the same name ‘fmodstudiol’ (found at ‘Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/mac/lib/fmodstudioL.bundle’ and ‘Assets/Plugins/FMOD/staging/mac/lib/fmodstudioL.bundle’). That means one or more plugins are set to be compatible with Editor. Only one plugin at the time can be used by Editor.
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
FMODUnity.StagingSystem/<>c:<.cctor>b__19_5 () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorUtils.cs:1427)
FMODUnity.SetupWizardWindow:DoNextStagingStep () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/SetupWizard.cs:175)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallDelayFunctions ()

It sounds like there are somehow multiple installs in this project. What version of FMOD are you using? I think the best thing to try would be to completely remove FMOD and then reimport it.
Can you please try closing your project, deleting “Assets/Plugins/FMOD”, “Assets/Gizmos/FMOD” and “Assets/Editor Default Resources/FMOD”, and then opening your project up and reimporting the FMOD integration?

Hello Jeff,

thanks for the suggestion. I was able to fix the issue.