FMOD Studio playback doesn't work after building to Unreal

I’ve been encountering a strange issue with FMOD studio for quite a while now. Whenever I build my project for UE5, I can then no longer play any events OTHER than the ones I’ve already played within FMOD.

So, for example, I have 3 total events in my project. I play event 1 and then build the project. If I try to go back and play events 2 or 3, they wont play at all, but event 1 will still play. The only way to get all the events to play again is to close and re-open FMOD.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi,

What version of FMOD and Unreal are you using?

Looks like we’re using Unreal Version 5.0.3-0 and FMOD version 2.02.08, Build #126901 (if that part matters).

1 Like

Hi,

Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce the issue. Could I grab some info:

1. How are the events being triggered?
  2. Could you please set the FMOD Integration Logging Level to Warning

And share the logs if there are any FMOD errors in the console.
  3. To confirm, events 2 and 3 are not playing in the editor after the build?

Thank you

So sorry for the late reply. We’ve been swamped with a bunch of other things. The issue isn’t that the events don’t play in Unreal. They always play just fine. Rather it’s that after they are built in FMOD, I can’t get any other events to play in FMOD until the program is closed and then opened again.

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry, I misunderstood the issue.

Does this happen when building to any platform or just Desktop

If you open another FMOD window like the Mixer does that help or do you have to restart the program every time?

Would it be possible to test the lastest version of FMOD 2.02.18 and let me know if you are still experiencing the issue?

I’ll have to get the technical director of the project to update FMOD, so I can’t test that yet unfortunately. I’ll ask him how feasible that it though.

It doesn’t seem to matter which combination of windows I have open when build a project to desktop. I’ll test changing the platform and report back tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the info.

Would it be possible to package your project and upload it to your profile with the following settings:

Please note that you will have to register a project with us to be able to upload.

If not, would it be possible to package the project onto your computer and open it with the latest version of FMOD? This will allow us to test if the update solves the issue without having to update your entire team if it does not.

Let me know how the testing goes as well.

Alright so the project has been uploaded through a the account that actually has the license for the game. The username is chris_cagedelement.

As for the build platform, desktop is the only option available when I click the drop down menu.

Hi,

Thank you for the project.

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the issue. Have you been able to update your FMOD Studio version to test if the issue persists?

Could you please open the Console Window when trying to play an event after building with the following settings:
And post and errors logged?

FMOD build playback error console log.txt (45.8 KB)

1 Like

The bottom 5 lines of that txt file above immediately showed when I clicked an event that wasn’t played prior to building the project. Then as I clicked play on said event, it wouldn’t play.

I have a video showing this whole process, but would rather email it than post it if possible.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for those logs. The video can be emailed to support@fmod.com or it can be uploaded to your profile as well.