Question about th

I have a certain situation where I’m forced to use a Mac on Catalina. I use FMOD with Unreal Engine 4. Starting with 4.24, I’ve been experiencing various problems. I’ve tried to use 4.25.4 and 4.24.3. As far as I can tell, I have the plugin installed properly, etc. Sometimes FMOD builds properly, and sometimes it doesn’t build at all. All of my events are assigned to the Master Bank. It’s random. I can be in the middle of working on something, and suddenly banks won’t build even though they were moments earlier. The other issue I’m still experiencing is events that appear to build, but are silent in UE4. I have opened the events in the content browser, and some of the silent ones will play, and some won’t. Others just don’t come over when I build.

Note that I have plenty of experience in FMOD and UE4, and used to use them together with very few issues.

I don’t know if this has something to do with working in MacOS/Catalina, or if something else is going on. Live Update has the same unpredictable behavior. It will work and not work randomly. All of these take place DURING work sessions. It’s not a matter of shutting down and returning the next day.

So, I guess I’m asking two things:

1. Does anyone know what’s going on?
  2. If not, can anyone tell me the earliest stable version of FMOD and UE4 running on Catalina that work together reliably?

Thanks folks. This is very frustrating.

We’re trying to resolve this issue in another topic - https://qa.fmod.com/t/sometimes-events-just-dont-play

Closing this thread to try to keep it in one place.