Fmod Unity banks not loading, illegal characters in path

Hello,
I’m having an issue with events not properly showing in the event browser in unity. We are working with unity version 2022.3.13f1 and fmod version 2.02.13.

Whenever I try rebuilding the banks, unity is showing me this error:

It also says, the bank has already been loaded:

Now, I don’t have any special characters anywhere in my fmod project. I can’t find anything that would classify as illegal in this case. But in fmod studio some events appear with three dots at the end. These are different from the dots that show up when the event name is to long to display it fully. Those dots appear in the middle of the event name, these are at the end. See how the ClothFlap event is fine but the Coins have … at the end. When I try to edit the event name the dots disappear.
grafik

The problem seems to be related to the fmod plugin cache in unity. When rebuilding banks or deleting the cache to refresh it, sometimes old events from a previously connected fmod project show up, but not the correct events from the current project.
This is only happening with one specific fmod project. I managed to set up a new project with the original unity project, but if possible I would like to keep all the work I’ve done so far and use my old fmod project.

Also for context: we are using plastic and we’ve had issues with cache files showing up in pending changes although they are technically on the ignore list.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

Could you please package the FMOD Studio project with the following settings:

uploaded to your profile? Please note you must register a project with us before uploading files.

We have documentation on using source control here: Unity Integration | User Guide - Using Source Control. Hopefully, it will have some useful information.

Would it be possible to update the integration and check if the issue persists?

Hey Connor,
thank you for looking into this! It is my companies fmod project, not my own, so I have to ask them if I can upload it - NDA’s and all that. I’ll get back to you on this.

In the meantime I managed to fix it by changing our naming convention for events from AMB_ExampleScene_ExampleSound to amb_exampleScene_exampleSound after I read in another thread that having upper case letters can be a problem between Fmod and Unity. Something about the API not being case sensitive. It seems to be fine with camelCase though.

Between this and rebuilding the library folder to completely clear the cache in unity the issue seems to be solved now, but I’d still be interested to know how this happened in the first place.

We also did update the integration to 2.02.22 as a potential solution, but it didn’t help.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the solution.

Could you please link the forum you found this solution on? Yes, I would also be very interested in what is causing this issue I will await on your banks but I will also try and reproduce the behavior using the naming convention you have shared.

Yes, it was in this thread: Event renaming issue - #12 by XploZ
Their problem was a little different than mine, but since we had a similar case of a upper case letters as first letter in event names, I gave it a try.

I also got permission to upload the fmod project, so we are registering it now. I’ll let you know when it’s done.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the forum.

Have you had a chance to register/upload the studio project files?

Hello, different account, same person here. I needed to use a company account. The project is now registered and uploaded on this one.

1 Like

Thank you for providing those files! I have been able to reproduce the issue and will pass it on to our development team to look into further.

Thank you again for all your work.