'FMOD_validate_utf8(src)' failed

I’m getting this error while playing an event, consistently.
The event still plays, so I’m unsure what is happening.

[FMOD] assert :         assertion: 'FMOD_validate_utf8(src)' failed

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:DEBUG_CALLBACK(DEBUG_FLAGS, StringWrapper, Int32, StringWrapper, StringWrapper) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:28)

When I set it to LOG everything, the event right before that is

[FMOD] SystemI::createSoundInternal : Stream 0/1: name='201130 Dark Blue', format=2, channels=2, frequency=48000, lengthbytes=3533984, lengthpcm=12480177, pcmblocksize=0, loopstart=0, loopend=0, mode=0x00000000, channelmask=0x00000000, channelorder=0, peakvolume=0.698303.

The [FMOD] assert : assertion: 'FMOD_validate_utf8(src)' failed message indicates that your bank contains an invalid UTF8 string.

If you send us your master bank, strings bank, and the bank containing the event that causes the issue, we’ll be able to investigate them to determine the case of the problem.

In the mean time, I recommend checking the event in FMOD Studio to see if it has any unusual or invalid content, then rebuilding your master bank and the bank containing the event to see if that fixes the issue.

Hi,

I’m encountering this error as well with Fmod 2.01.11.

I have already deleted the faulty event and created a new one with a different name. And it still occurs.

What does the utf8 error refer to? Event Names? Parameters? Samples?

The sound contains a loop region. The log happens frequently so I assume it happens every time the loop point is hit.

Any help is appreciated.

Unfortunately, without more information, we can’t easily help you with this issue.

If you send us your master bank, strings bank, and the bank containing the event that causes the issue, we’ll be able to investigate them to determine the case of the problem.

Did you rebuild both the bank containing the event and the master bank after replacing the event?

It could potentially be any incorrectly-encoded UTF-8 format content in your bank, but would most likely be the name of an event, asset, instrument, or other piece of content whose name you can freely set.

This issue has been resolved via e-mail.

For anyone who might come across this issue in the future:

In my case I was using a sample which contained a marker named with a non utf-8 character.

Thanks to Joseph and the FMOD-Support for finding that out!