Fmodstudio20220 BuildFailedException: There is an FMOD binary missing

Hey Folks,

When trying to build my project I get this error:

BuildFailedException: There is an FMOD binary missing for build target StandaloneWindows64:

• Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/win/lib/x86_64/fmodstudio.dll
    Please run the FMOD/Reorganize Plugin Files menu command.

FMODUnity.EditorSettings+BuildProcessor.OnPreprocessBuild (UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorSettings.cs:666)
UnityEditor.Build.BuildPipelineInterfaces+<>c__DisplayClass16_0.b__1 (UnityEditor.Build.IPreprocessBuildWithReport bpp) (at <5e6ebaa7d75c4d5399dc81ecead6b43f>:0)
UnityEditor.Build.BuildPipelineInterfaces.InvokeCallbackInterfacesPair[T1,T2] (System.Collections.Generic.List1[T] oneInterfaces, System.Action1[T] invocationOne, System.Collections.Generic.List1[T] twoInterfaces, System.Action1[T] invocationTwo, System.Boolean exitOnFailure) (at <5e6ebaa7d75c4d5399dc81ecead6b43f>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

When I run the “FMOD/Reorganize Plugin Files” it tells me theres 39 files missing, for instance: > Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/uwp/lib/x86/fmodstudioL.dll is missing.

You may need to reinstall the Windows support package from https://www.fmod.com/download.

But when I reinstall the package (“fmodstudio20220.unitypackage”) theres aparently new stuff to be imported (even though i’ve reimported it several times).

Then it guides me through the process of:

• Disabling Existing Native Libraries,
  • Restarting Unity
  • Copy new native libraries
    Which apparenty works out fine, but in the end: building still doesn’t work.

What can I do to fix this? All seemed to work before the update.

Hi,

Thank you for all the information.

Could I get a screenshot of the plugin in your Unity project:

What OS are you building from? To confirm you are building to Windows?

Hey there, thanks for the help. I was able to fix it already.
Yes I was trying to build for windows, from a windows system.

The problem appeared to be that somehow the libraries where still located in the wrong directory: Assets\Plugins\FMOD\lib
instead of Assets\Plugins\FMOD\platforms\uwp\lib\

I believed the settup system of FMOD was moving the librariers to the right place because one of the install processes was indicating to do that. Apparently it didn’t do it.

But now that I deleted the old ones and copied the libraries in Assets\Plugins\FMOD\platforms\ form a clean install into my existing project it works again.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the solution.