gvraudio.dll ERR_FILE_NOTFOUND

Hey, so I’m on Mac 10.11.5 in Unity 5.5.2f1 and FMOD 1.09.03 with the same integration package, I’ve put gvraudio in the plugin list in FMOD settings as detailed in this thread.

http://www.fmod.org/questions/question/using-google-vr-plugin-with-fmod-studio-1-09-integration/

But this brings me to a new error.

SystemNotInitializedException: FMOD Studio initialization failed : Loading plugin ‘gvraudio’ from ‘/Users/petermulheron/Documents/Protools Sessions/VR Audio/UNITY 240317/Temp Set/Assets/Plugins/gvraudio.dll’ : ERR_FILE_NOTFOUND : File not found.
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.CheckInitResult (RESULT result, System.String cause) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:148)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.Initialiase (Boolean forceNoNetwork) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:266)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.get_Instance () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:79)

In Assets>Plugins there is a file gvraudio.bundle but its not recognising it because it’s not a .dll?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

It depends on the platform the project is being built for as well.
Each platform needs to have its own plugin dll next to the platforms dll’s.

Building and running on Mac will look for .bundle not .dll.

1 Like

Coming with the same error initializing gvraudio.dll on PC I have found that my project folder contains french accents (é è). I renamed and all work now as expected.

This appears to be a bug, only in LoadPlugin.
I have raised a task to fix this, thanks for pointing this out.