How to pause the time line and yet still hear the sound

I have a SFX that is 2 seconds long and I want to pause the timeline at 1.9 seconds and still have the sound at that point in time continue to play. Kind of like that the music was frozen in time at that point.

How can I do that?

You can’t hear sound if timeline stoped on one point. But you could try create a really short loop (and then release it) like freeze delay effect works, to achieve something similar I think.

You can use a sustain point to cause the timeline playback position to stop moving at the sustain point’s position without stopping synchronous instruments at that position from playing.

That being said, it sounds like you might want to pause the playback position at arbitrary points, and have whichever note that was playing at that point be sustained indefinitely until the playback position begins to move on again. If this is the case, there is no way to do that through FMOD Studio; if you want to be able to loop arbitrary regions of a sound file, you will have to do so through the FMOD Core API.