How to play different sound from other side of command instrument?

Hi,
is there a way how to make a sound so that it plays different sound when for example a continuous parameter is moving from one side to other? Lets say I have a command instrument playing “starting” sound in the beginning of the loop, but it´s all happening inside continuous parameter (it goes from 0 gradually to 1). And when the parameter slides back (from 1 gradually to 0), it hits the same command instrument, so it again plays “start” sound, but I dont want that. I want to play a different sound. How to do it?

A parameter trigger condition has no memory of the past, and no concept of the direction in which its parameter’s playback position is moving. It only knows the parameter’s current value; whether the parameter got to that value by increasing or decreasing makes no difference to what the value is now, and so cannot be part of the parameter trigger condition. (This is because parameters are floating point code variables under the hood.)

Therefore, if you want an instrument to behave differently depending on whether the parameter value is ascending or descending, you will have to construct a means of detecting how the parameter’s value is changing, and incorporate that information in the instrument’s trigger conditions somehow. Here’s one possible way to do that:

1. Create a new local labelled parameter with two labels: “Ascending” and “descending.” For the purposes of this example, I’ll call this parameter “Paramdelta.”
  2. Select your existing command instrument. Open its trigger conditions drawer, and give it a new parameter condition based on the “Paramdelta” parameter, such that it only triggers while “Paramdelta” is set to “ascending.”
  3. On the same parameter sheet that holds the existing command instrument, add two new command instruments.
  4. Drag one of the new command instruments to the left of the command instrument you started with, set its type to “set parameter,” its target to the “Paramdelta” parameter, and its value to “ascending.”
  5. Drag the other new command instruments to the right of the command instrument you started with, set its type to “set parameter,” its target to the “Paramdelta” parameter, and its value to “descending.”

This should result in the “paramdelta” parameter being set to “descending” if the other parameter’s value increases above the range needed to trigger the command instrument you started with, and “ascending” if the other parameter’s value decreases below that range. As a result, the command instrument you started with will only trigger if the parameter’s value started below the value required to trigger it and then increased, not if the parameter’s value started above the value required to trigger it and then decreased.