Is there a way to Trigger a parameter using a key for activation?

Hi everyone!

I’m fairly new to fmod and unity and was wondering if anyone could help me out with some implementation problems I’m having. I have a sound assigned to a specific model with a high cut on it, now when this model is activated by pressing the “E” key it begins to emit particles, but what I want to do is when the particles are activated the filter deactivates so you can hear the sound fully, I’ve tried basically everything, but I can’t seem to get it working, I believe that it’s a parameter trigger that I need to use but there’s no specific key press trigger and the only one that seems to work is the “mouse over” trigger, any help would really be appreciated! :slight_smile:

Easiest way is to set the parameter manually via code by calling StudioEventEmitter::SetParameter or Studio::EventInstance::setParameterByName (if local). Do that when you check for the “E” key being pressed. How are you playing your sound?

Okay wicked, thanks for replying, I think I’ve gotten a bit ahead of myself in terms of coding as I don’t really know a lot about it, do you know any good places to start in terms of learning to code with FMOD and unity? I imagine I could just look up c# coding?

https://learn.unity.com/ is a good place to start :slight_smile: