Issue with Mac standalone

Although I was able to integrate FMOD into my project, and the PlayOneShot works fine in the Unity Editor (on a Mac computer) or in the Windows standalone, it throws up errors in the Mac standalone.

My code that calls PlayOneShot looks like this:

soundSystem.PlayOneShot("/Character/jump", Vector3.zero);

And my assets look like this:

This all works fine when I play in the editor or make a windows build, but on Mac standalone, I am getting this error in Player.log

FMOD Error (ERR_EVENT_NOTFOUND): The requested event, bus or vca could not be found. 

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

followed by

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FMOD_StudioSystem.getEvent (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FMOD_StudioSystem.PlayOneShot (System.String path, Vector3 position, Single volume) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FMOD_StudioSystem.PlayOneShot (System.String path, Vector3 position) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FMODManager.playPlayerSound (PlayerSound playerSound) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlayerSoundEffectController.playWalk () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

This happens every time a sound tries to play and only occurs in the Mac standalone. My assumption is that for this standalone I need to provide a different path to the sound.

Alternatively, is there a way I could use a serialized variable for my sound controller?

something like

public FMODsound playerJumpSound;

public void playJump(){
soundSystem.PlayOneShot(playerJumpSound, Vector3.zero);
}

This way I could avoid having to dive into my asset folder entirely.

Thanks for any help.