ERR_EVENT_NOTFOUND The requested event, bus or vca could not be found

Hello, I get the following error when I try to play a sound via the event browser;

FMOD Studio: Encounterd Error: ERR_EVENT_NOTFOUND The requested event, bus or vca could not be found.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
FMODUnity.EditorUtils:CheckResult(RESULT) (at Assets/Plugins/packages/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorUtils.cs:25)
FMODUnity.EditorUtils:PreviewUpdateParameter(PARAMETER_ID, Single) (at Assets/Plugins/packages/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorUtils.cs:526)
FMODUnity.EventBrowser:PreviewEvent(Rect, EditorEventRef) (at Assets/Plugins/packages/FMOD/src/Editor/EventBrowser.cs:743)
FMODUnity.EventBrowser:OnGUI() (at Assets/Plugins/packages/FMOD/src/Editor/EventBrowser.cs:523)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

The sound works fine in fmod studio and also other sounds are working fine. There are a couple of sounds that give this message. I already reproduced the event with different name and the problem still occurs.

Have you tried resaving the project and rebuilding the banks? Sometimes this has solved this problem for me… What have you tried troubleshooting so far?

Thanks for your reply, this didn’t solved the problem unfortunately. I checked the routing in FMOD of all the events that don’t work, all look fine to me. When I press play it just spams the notfound error in the editor.
It’s strange because when I play the sound in FMOD sandbox it works fine. And when I play it in the event browser in unity it doesn’t work.

I see, so the event name shows up in the FMOD event browser in Unity, but when you play, it fails to find it. What are the FMOD Studio Settings in your Unity project? Is it set to point to an FMOD Project or to the contents of a build folder?

It looks like FMOD Studio Unity plugin gets the FMOD project build folder and then automatically copies all contents to the UnityProjRoot/Assets/StreamingAssets folder. Could it be that you are building directly from FMOD Studio to the Unity project structure?

Hope poking around like this helps, I’m not too sure how the integration auditions the sound in-browser, so I can only think of ways to troubleshoot. Are these events working otherwise in-game?

Hey aishi, thank you for your comment. I’m working with ELTEE91 on this project. The build path is set to FMOD/Project/Build and local path is set to the same location, but just as an absolute path. It’s set to Multiple Platform Build since we have PC/X1/PS4 versions of the game.
Events are working perfectly in the build but in the FMOD browser, the ones that contain parameters, start spamming the console as soon as you play them. Hope this gives more insight on the issue.

What version of the FMOD Unity Integration are you using?
Do the events contain nested events triggered by parameters at all?

Hey cameron, actually it was an issue with IDs for all the parameters being 0 (we tried to find them by their ID), then we switched to finding them by name and the problem got resolved.