[Linux] Crash StackOverflow Exception Fmod 2.01.07 on Ubuntu 20.04, Unity 2020.3.9f1 and above

Since i don’t know if it’s Unity or Fmod, i have send a bug repport to Unity case 1338413

Here a recap about my problem :

Configuration :
Ubuntu 20.04
Fmod 2.01.07 Verified (tried also on 2.02)
Unity 2019.3.9f1 (tried also on 2021.1 latest release)

I tried a blank project with just Fmod to see if it’s working on Linux, normally it would.
But a stack overflow exception and/or the “Fallback handler could not load library /home/marc-cerutti/Unity/2020.3.9f1/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libAssets/Plugins/FMOD/lib/linux/x86_64/libfmodstudioL.so” display, depending if it’s in editor or in build.
After quiting play mode it freeze the Unity Editor and the processus must be killed to restart.
Strangely, build to linux_64 in release mode work.
We can also listen the sound in the fmod event browser.
The Fmod project is made on Windows, and it work from Windows Unity editor.

I would to know also if there is a Fmod version and Unity associated compatible with my case.
Thanks for the reading.

We have discovered a potential stack overflow on Unity Linux coming from one of our threads. The extra stack space required by Unity’s logging system causes one of our low stack threads to crash, we have a fix pending for the next release. This will only happen in the logging version of FMOD.

Having the same freezing issues when starting/stopping the game within the editor. Changing the FMOD logging level to ERROR or NONE seems to circumvent the freeze.