Lookup failed for EventModel

After updating to Unreal 4.10 and FMOD 1.07.04, the Output window in Unreal Editor gets filled with “Lookup failed for EventModel” warnings when my project is opened. What’s an EventModel? What does this error mean? I see nothing wrong with the Events referenced in the warning messages.

I should mention that I saw these warnings after updating the fmod libs and UE4 plugin to 1.07.04, but before migrating the fmod project and rebuilding the banks. I at first assumed that I just needed to rebuild the banks, but the warnings remain after doing so. Our previous version was 1.06.10 under Unreal 4.9.2.

That seems unusual. That means it failed to find an event from a guid, perhaps due to some missing references.

If you send in a log we can have a look at it and see if there is anything obvious going on.

2 Likes

I’m getting the same warnings. Doesn’t seem to affect anything in game but it’d be nice to know why these are showing up.

Same thing here.

I managed to reproduce these “Lookup failed for EventModel” warnings when opening a test project. I traced the cause, and the good news is that they are harmless. They won’t affect anything in your game.

If you’re interested in the details…
When the user opens an Events folder in the Content Browser, the plugin normally receives a message from the UE4 editor to refresh the asset tags. You can see these when you hover over an event: Oneshot, Streaming, and 3D. Internally, the plugin calls the Studio API to obtain the info about each event. This all works fine. However, something changed in Unreal 4.10 and now the plugin also gets an asset tags refresh when the project is opened. As the plugin has not yet loaded the banks at this point, the call to the Studio API returns an event-not-found error and logs the “lookup failed” warning. The plugin handles this error gracefully, so there is no harm done. Later the asset tags will get refreshed again when the user opens an Events folder, by which time the banks will have been loaded and the correct info will be retrieved.

We will make the necessary changes to the UE4 plugin to eliminate the log spam in the next release. In the mean time, you can safely ignore these warnings when opening a project.

3 Likes

I’m getting these errors as well, but it’s when I go package the build, using Unreal Engine 4.15.3 and FMOD 1.09.01.

This is an example of one of the warnings:
LogFMOD:Warning: e:\jk\workspace\1. build_ue4_1.9_libs\studio_api\src\fmod_objectlookup.h(115) - Lookup failed for EventModel: {a3471762-0d6d-4063-8f76-093e5fc54b0d}

Is the something in the FMODStudio plugin binaries that I can edit so that the build stops spamming these warnings before the Master bank loads in?

Could the issue be related at all to the GUID.txt file that I exported from FMOD Studio to the FMOD folder under Content for the project?

This issue has been fixed, I believe in 1.09.08, if you are able to update to the latest you will be able to get this fix and more.

I’m getting these errors as well, , using Unreal Engine 4.19.0 and FMOD 1.10.04 ,

Warnings:

LogFMOD: Warning: f:\jk\workspace\1.10_ue4.18_win64\studio_api\src\fmod_objectlookup.cpp(119) - Lookup failed for EventModel: {3a076fd4-6644-431d-b772-488512a1cb62}

And it deosn’t have any sound in debug build.

Make sure you have followed the steps for including any plugin in the game:
https://www.fmod.com/resources/documentation-api?page=content/generated/engine_ue4/plugins.html#/

It that is not your issue, I would start a new thread and provide the log file from the game.

Reviving this old thread.
We’re getting these in UE 4.26, with plugin version 2.01.09. Lots of spam, usually if we select an object with an fmod component on it.
As you state that the plugin handles this gracefully, is there any way to supress the spam? We could disable all LogFMOD logs, but that’s not ideal.

How to replicate:
Add fmod component to a BP with an event
Play and stop the game
Select an object with the fmod audio component
Spewing out warnings like this in the Output Log:

LogFMOD: Warning: e:\jk\workspace\2.1_UE4.26_Win64\studio_api\src\fmod_objectlookup.h(122) - Lookup failed for EventModel: {24c42988-6267-4ae0-8a66-4381088cd2f4}

See picture:

I’m having trouble reproducing this myself, does it only occur when using certain events?
Did you upgrade your project to 2.01.09 or was that the first version installed in your project?
What version of FMOD Studio are you building the banks with?

Thanks for your answer! :slight_smile:

does it only occur when using certain events?

Happens for all events i tried.

Did you upgrade your project to 2.01.09 or was that the first version installed in your project?

I think we started out with Fmod UE integration 2.01.04 and have upgraded 2 times until we reached 2.01.09.

What version of FMOD Studio are you building the banks with?

We have built banks with Fmod Studio version 2.01.03 and 2.01.09, the banks are the same with building with both (no diff) and its the same problem with spitting out a ton of warnings when building in both.

Let me know if you have already done this, when you upgrade the FMOD UE4 Integration, are you completely deleting the old version before adding the new one? Same with the banks, can you try manually deleting the banks built in the project before rebuilding them?

when you upgrade the FMOD UE4 Integration, are you completely deleting the old version before adding the new one?

The programming team updated a minor version without removing the old version. Some version from github to solve the UE .uasset creation problems.

can you try manually deleting the banks built in the project before rebuilding them?

Tried removing all .bank files and rebuilding, didnt help. Also nothing diffed in SVN either.

The latest fixes on github are available in version 2.01.09 from our website, I would recommend just using that version as it is just in case something may have been overwritten.

Are you able to reproduce this if you setup a new UE4 project, add the integration and link your current Studio project?

Still getting this!
And the issue is most definetly NOT HARMLESS, at least in my case.
Ue 4.24.3
Fmod plugin 2.01.11. I initially had Studio 2.01.9 (Only studio, the unreal plugin was .11), then upgraded to .11 when Validate Fmod complained about it. (This changed nothing)
Running Validate Fmod gives a “Failed to load banks” error. Playing the game in editor works perfectly. Selecting any blueprint, or FMOD event in the level starts the log spam until the object is deselected.

The bad part is that when building the game, the build process is successful, but the game won’t start.
It starts fine without the FMOD plugin.

Found this on a test project i created right now.

Are you able to set the FMOD logging to ‘Level LOG’ and share your log files at all?