Multiple members working in FMOD?

Hi there,

I am completely new to FMOD Unity Team Integration. I have been using it the last month to implement sfx into the game but now the composer on our team has started to get music done so I am adding that. He would like to work in FMOD to speed up our workflow but I am unsure of how collaboration is meant to be hooked up so that project files and the build bank are properly updated.

I have FMOD set up so that the “build banks output directory” is within a folder in our Unity project. We also have Unity’s collaborate enabled to push changes to the cloud. My main question; is this integration enough for us to work together on the same project in FMOD?

I feel like I need to hook up the actual .fspro project file into some source control beyond the build bank info. If that is the case, can it be done through github.

Thank you in advance for any help,
Team Mutiny

I believe you are correct - you’ll need to add the .fspro project into source control if you want to both be able to collaborate on it. I don’t know if Unity collaborate is equipped to handle fmod projects; you may need to use something like github.

If your current setup with the build banks is working fine, you could just set up a new repo for the FMOD project directory. I can’t remember the gitignore offhand, but I’m sure it’s around the forum somewhere.

I haven’t tried this, but you might be able to get away with working on separate banks (if all the music is stored in its own bank, you might not need to sync the .fspro file). Then synchronize whatever work you need to via dropbox or other file transfer. I don’t want to lead you astray though, so make backups and proceed with caution if you go that route.

1 Like