Playing sound on speaker in PS4 controller using event bank

Hello

I am now developing a PS4 game and try to output sounds from the speaker in PS4 controller. I have found an example in low level API, but since I would like to use FMOD Studio to create events for the sounds, I would like to ask if I can play the sounds by using the events I have defined in FMOD Studio instead of directly loading the audio file (just like the method used in the low level API example).

Thank you.

Regards
Sunny Cheng

If you use the functions Bus::getChannelGroup or EventInstance::getChannelGroup you can play events through the controller speaker using the code from the low level example.

I have successfully get the channel group using EventInstance::getChannelGroup, but in the code from the low level example, a FMOD::Sound pointer is also needed when calling FMOD::System::playSound() to output sound to the speaker in PS4 controller. In the sample code, it creates the FMOD::Sound object by directly loading the audio file. Are there any methods which I can create the FMOD::Sound object by using the event name defined in FMOD Studio?
Also, I have tried to add a self-created controller channel group, which is similar to the ‘controllerPort’ object in the low level sample code, to the retrieved channel group as a child, but it does not work. Is this a proper way to output sound to the speaker in PS4 controller?
If possible, may I have some sample code for this issue other than the low level example?
Thank you.

You’re overthinking things. Just take the channel group from the event or bus and call attachChannelGroupToPort() with it. That is all.

Thanks Nicholas. It works when I attach the channel group retrieved from the event instance to controller port through low level system.