Resonance Audio on Apple Silicon

Hello,
I am attempting to get Resonance Audio running on Mac 13.4.1 using Unity 2021.3.29f1 and FMOD Studio 2.2.16 running on Apple Silicon.
After installing the FMOD Unity integration I get this error:
SystemNotInitializedException: [FMOD] Initialization failed : Loading plugin ‘resonanceaudio’ from ‘/Users/macmini/MacTest/Assets/Assets/Plugins/FMOD/platforms/mac/lib/resonanceaudio.dylib’ : ERR_FILE_NOTFOUND : File not found.
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.get_Instance () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/RuntimeManager.cs:203)

FMOD integration does not come with this file. Instead, it ships resonanceaudio.bundle.
I’ve enabled this plugin via the inspector and still, the error appears.

Does Resonance Audio not run on Apple Silicon, yet? Or is there a step I have missed?

Many thanks for your help.

Bests,
Constantin

Hi,

Can I confirm that you have the Resonance audio plugin listed in your integration settings:

If you do, could you try renaming the file to resonanceaudio.dylib and let me know if that works?

Hi Connor,

Yes, I am using the same fmod settings as in your screenshot.

I noticed that the path where Unity looks for the plugin is wrong. It should not read …/Assets/Assets… I don’t know where it gets that from. This was a fresh/empty Unity project with just FMOD imported.

After copying the resonanceaudio.bundle to this location it works. It also works when I copy the .dylib version of this found from the FMOD Studio.app to this location. Yay. And I only needed to move this bundle, not any other files from the FMOD package.

But, do you have an idea why Unity would get confused with the paths?

Bests,
Constantin

1 Like

Hi,

Good to hear it is working. Unfortunately, I do not know why it would get the wrong plugin path.

If you experience this issue again, please let us know.

Hi,

It seems this might be linked to this issue and they have provided a workaround: FMOD trying to find Resonance Audio in wrong directory.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Many thanks for forwarding the other post. This is the issue I was facing, too.

1 Like