Set pan on pause problem

Hello, we discovered an issue connected to setPan method. It doesn’t depend on particular platform. FMOD version is 2.02.22.
It works fine when a sound is playing. But if you call setPan for paused (setPaused method) sound it will be still with the old pan value.

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce the issue. Using our Core API Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\FMOD SoundSystem\FMOD Studio API Windows\api\core\examples\vs2019\examples.sln. I modified the play_sound example with the following:

/*
    Main loop
*/
do
{
    Common_Update();

if (Common_BtnPress(BTN_ACTION1))
    {
        result = system->playSound(sound1, 0, false, &channel);
        ERRCHECK(result);
    }

if (Common_BtnPress(BTN_ACTION2))
    {
        //result = system->playSound(sound2, 0, false, &channel);
        //ERRCHECK(result);
        channel->setPan(-1);
    }

if (Common_BtnPress(BTN_ACTION3))
    {
        //result = system->playSound(sound3, 0, false, &channel);
        //ERRCHECK(result);
        channel->setPan(1);
    }

if (Common_BtnPress(BTN_ACTION4))
    {
        bool isPaused = false;
        channel->getPaused(&isPaused);
        channel->setPaused(!isPaused);
    }

I just swapped the audio file to something longer for sound1. Would it be possible to test this on your side orlet me know if the issue persists or if I have misunderstood?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I’ve managed to reproduce the issue with your example. You need this example: api\studio\examples\ vs2019\examples.sln. There please replace file with mine and try (I replace the extension from cpp to txt to be able to upload it here).
simple_event.txt (5.3 KB)

Using the Studio API was the missing link. Thank you for the code, I have been able to reproduce the issue and have passed it on to our development team to investigate further. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.