Snapping cursor to musical bars?

Is there an option to do this in the most current version of Fmod?

I gave it a try, but it doesnt seem to work by default I think, it will be really important to make sure if I place the cursor on the track it can snap to bars if need be.

Hi Jesse,

If you switch the timeline to display Beats (click “Beats” at the top of the event editor window displaying the time) you can snap the cursor to what beat markers are displayed by pressing left and right on the keyboard.

You can make these jumps bigger or smaller by zooming in and out of the timeline. The cursor will snap to the next displayed beat number.

Thanks,
Richard

1 Like

Very helpful, thank you! :slight_smile:

this is still frustrating. there should be a way you can snap only to full bars, so it literally will not let you move a piece of audio anywhere other than at a whole bar grid.

This is possible. The cursor locks to notches displayed on the ruler, which depend on zoom level, so if you adjust the editor to a zoom level where only bars have ruler notches, you’ll be able to snap content to only bars.

yeah, I meant not dependent on zoom level. When I need to copy paste 100 loops along the timeline its really frustrating to have to zoom in to check every single one is on the bar

I can see how that would be frustrating. I’ll add your suggestion that we add a way of snapping only to bars to our feature and improvement tracker.

1 Like

amazing <3