[Solved] Seek speed

Hi everyone,

I read that the UI feature to add “seek speed” to a parameter was implemented in 1.3.0. I am running 1.3.3 and I can’t for the life of my figure out how to add the seek speed value to a parameter.

Could someone help me?

Thanks

I ended up finding the feature, but…

There is no mention of this feature even existing in the manual. Something to add?

Cheers!

The Studio manual tends to lag behind Studio a little. Typically, we’ll release some new features, and then update the manual a month or two* later. There’s a number of reasons for this, and (since you might be interested) here they are:
[list]b Writing decent documentation takes time.[/b] This is also one of the reasons why we engage Sound Librarian to write the manual rather than our own developers and testers.
b Our documentation writer doesn’t start writing about a feature until it’s ready for release.[/b] This wasn’t always the case; We did once try making documentation concurrently with the features being documented, and it did not go well. Between the changes-of-plan that inevitably arise during development and the writer having to describe something he’d never actually seen, the resulting manual was filled with errors, inaccuracies, and features that weren’t actually included in that release. In the aftermath, we judged that a misleading manual was far worse than an out-of-date one, and resolved never to use such a reckless method again.
b We judge it better to release features without documentation than to delay release until the manual update is done.[/b] After all, we reason, if given a choice between having a feature but no documentation and having no feature and no documentation, most users choose the former.[/list:u:25us0rdy]
As you’ve probably guessed by now, a manual version that includes seek speed is in the works, but will take some time to write, proofread and edit. In theory, we provide rough-and-ready documentation for not-yet-in-the-manual features here; Unfortunately, there’s a number of features that haven’t yet been added. Until documentation is available, I can only suggest that you contact support@fmod.org for information on undocumented features; We’ll answer any questions you might have.

• Sometimes longer or shorter, depending on the number and complexity of features involved and how difficult they are to describe.

Thank you very much for the info!