STATUS_NOT_APPCONTAINER project creation

Hi there,

I’ve recently been battling with getting FMOD to run but unfortunately have come across issues just trying to run the application. As a result, I’ve stripped out all that is needed to get it to fail into a new project; I highly suspect it’s a configuration issue but can’t for the life of me figure out what is going on.

So to configure FMOD to be included, in the project properties, VC++ Directories I’ve pointed to C:\Program Files (x86)\FMOD\api\lowlevel\ inc and lib directories. I’ve also added the include folder in C+±>General and library folder in Linker->General->Additional Library Directories. Also in Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies, I’ve added fmodL_X86.lib for a 32-bit Debug build. I also tried other DLLs and build types in case it was that but it’s causing the same error as below. Please note that the project builds correctly and the .hpp file is seen.

When running, I get the message 'The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000a200). I’ve had a look and the error code means STATUS_NOT_APPCONTAINER. Some suggestions say that in Linker->Command Line, I should be adding /APPCONTAINER:NO so I’ve tried with and without that to no avail.

IDE: Visual Studio Premium 2013
Initial project type: Templates - Visual C++ - Empty Project.
FMOD version downloaded: 1.0.7

#include <windows.h>
#include "fmod.hpp"

// Startup method of the whole program.
int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nShowCmd){
	FMOD::System *vcp_masterSystem = NULL;
	FMOD::System_Create(&vcp_masterSystem);
	return 0;
}

Very simple.

Any suggestions for where I’m going wrong would be massively appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Mark.

Hi Mark,

You look like your trying to create a win32 desktop application, but linking in FMOD for Universal Windows Platform (listed on our website as Windows 10 UWP).

The download platform you want is simply named “Windows”.

Awesome, thank you very much Nicholas.

As usual with these things, I think I’ve learnt more through the error than I would have if it all went smoothly, even if it was a bit of a daft one!

As an independent developer, I’d also like to express my gratitude for a speedy response, a brilliant product and FMODs support of the small guys. I’ve previously created a wrapper for .WAV reading in XAudio2 so I know how much time FMOD has saved me on my short schedule, as well as simply making my product better. Thanks once again.

Kind Regards,
Mark.