The "Build banks to folders mirroring the banks browser hierarchy" option doesn't play nice with the Unity integration

I wanted to keep my banks organised so I don’t have files strewn at the root of my StreamingAssets folder, so I checked the option and built the banks with it, but for some reason the Unity integration can’t find them if they’re not built into the root of the build folder. Why is that?

If you’re using a multiple platform build setting then you can point Unity to the root “Build” folder in your FMOD Studio project, however if you’re using a single platform then you will need to point Unity to the platform folder that was used for the FMOD Studio project (eg. “Build/Desktop”).

The integration cannot find the banks either way. It only looks in the root of the folder you selected

It looks like this is an issue with the integration not looking for folders in the built banks folder regardless of the settings. We’ll look into fixing this for a future release. In the meantime please set the FMOD Studio project’s settings to not mirror the banks browser hierarchy to make it work for the time being.

That’s what I’m doing at the moment.