FMOD Project does not contain any built banks

genuinely not sure what to do, I swear I’ve built the banks

When using the “FMOD Studio Project” source type, the FMOD for Unity plugin looks for the “Build” directory in the same directory as your project’s .fspro file - can you confirm that this directory exists and contains your banks? If it isn’t present, but you have already built your banks, it’s likely that you’ve set a custom built banks output directory in FMOD Studio in Edit → Preferences → Build → Built banks output directory. You can empty the field to reset this to the default.

If your banks are present in the “Build” folder, and you haven’t set a custom output directory, can I get your FMOD Studio and FMOD for Unity version numbers so that I can try to reproduce the issue on my end?

thank you for getting back to me so quickly, ill add some screenshots as I’m fairly new to both unity and fmod. i didnt change the built bank output directory, however i did at some point fiddle with it as i was getting this error, however i reset this.

is there supposed to be a separate banks folder in the project folder? also im using FMOD version 2.02.18, and for unity im using 2022.3.13f1

i’m also getting this error too, and im not sure if these relate to one another

Based on your first screenshot, the issue is likely that the built bank output directory is set to “.” instead of being empty. “.” causes your banks to be built to “./”, i.e. the same directory as your project file, instead of “./Build”. The Unity error is related to this, and indicates that the FMOD for Unity plugin is looking for your project’s banks in the “Build” folder, but can’t find the banks there.

You’ll want to either completely clear the built bank output directory path, or manually set it to “Build”, and then rebuild banks. If done successfully, the “Build” folder should contain a folder called “Desktop” which contains your banks.