The name 'StaticPluginManager' does not exist in the current context

Just upgraded to the 2.01.09 in an attempt to fix another issue, and ran into a new one.

When I try to build asset bundles, FMOD declares that

Assets\Plugins\FMOD\src\Runtime\Platform.cs(267,17): error CS0103: The name 'StaticPluginManager' does not exist in the current context

That’s thanks to this piece of code, which seems to interpret building asset bundles as actually building a player:

// Loads static FMOD plugins for this platform.
        public virtual void LoadStaticPlugins(FMOD.System coreSystem, Action<FMOD.RESULT, string> reportResult)
        {

if (StaticPlugins.Count > 0)
            {
#if !UNITY_EDITOR && ENABLE_IL2CPP
                StaticPluginManager.Register(coreSystem, reportResult);
#else
                Debug.LogWarningFormat(
                    "FMOD: {0} static plugins specified, but static plugins are only supported on the IL2CPP scripting backend",
                    StaticPlugins.Count);
#endif
            }
        }

I can work around the problem by just commenting out the call to StaticPluginManager.Register, but it’s a bit of a hassle since building asset bundles is part of the build script that deploys the game.

I noticed that this happened when I opened the project after a reboot. Is it in any way related?

FMOD: Removed temporary file Assets/Plugins/FMOD/Cache/RegisterStaticPlugins.cs
UnityEngine.Debug:LogFormat (string,object[])
FMODUnity.Settings:CleanTemporaryFiles () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/Settings.cs:1138)
FMODUnity.Settings:CleanTemporaryChanges () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/Settings.cs:1119)

2 Likes

Can report the same issue! Any updates on how to resolve properly?

This was a known bug in 2.01.09 that was fixed in 2.01.10. Please try upgrading to 2.01.10 or 2.01.11 and let me know if you have any more issues!