Transceiver Plugin doesn't seem to work ingame

Hi there,

I’ve been just adding the transceiver plugin to my session. It’s a pretty cool plugin if you want to build e.g. wider stereo images for weapon sounds.

The problem that I have is that I can hear and test everything perfectly in FMOD Studio, but as soon as I compile the banks and load up the game to test it, it doesn’t seem to work.

Is there anything I missed or anything I have to consider?
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best,
Ulrich

Have you followed the instructions on http://www.fmod.org/documentation/#content/generated/engine_ue4/plugins.html?
Also make sure you are using the latest UE4 integration as there was an issue with plugins on Mac.

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for the reply.

But isn’t the transceiver plugin actually not falling under this category (so its not Plug-in Effects)? So like the Delay or Flanger it should work without any further implementation from UE4…

cheers,
Ulrich

Ah ok, in the studio event that has the receiving transceiver, make sure you at least add a single sound to the track and possibly a loop region. Otherwise it is seen as not having a sound and gets culled before it can play. You can also test this in the FMOD Sandbox.

That’s the weird bit: I put the effect in the master channel of an existing event with sounds (looping). I configure the right channel etc. and I can hear everything fine while designing. As soon as I switch over to the Sandbox, it doesn’t work anymore…

It sounds like you might be transmitting after the 3D Panner? If it is placed before the Panner, you will still be able to hear the sound outside the origin’s area and at full volume from the receiver.

I’ve been placing it pre and post gain but always in front of the 3D Panner, but it still didn’t work. I tried it on several events but the outcome is the same.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue on our end.
Can you possibly send/link a simple example project with the issue so we can try to figure out what the problem is.

Ok, thanks. I will try again and will try to send you the projectfile. I also found another way to achieve the similar thing.
Many thanks again!!!