How to setup the Transceiver plugin?

Hi, anybody can help me with this topic? I’m really beginner, how to setup the Transceiver plugin? I want to have a reciver and transmiter. How I supposed to do this?

We’d be happy to help.

Transceiver effects are designed to operate in pairs. A transceiver effect set to “transmit” sends a signal to a particular transceiver channel; any transceiver effect set to “receive” will receive the a mix of all the signals sent to a particular transceiver channel.

Thus, the steps to set up a transceiver effect pair are as follows:

1. Navigate to the location in your project where you want to place the transmitter, either a track in an event or a bus in the mixer.
  2. Select the track or bus to see its signal chain in the deck.
  3. Right-click in the deck, and select “Add Effect > FMOD Transceiver” from the context menu. This adds a transceiver effect to the signal chain.
  4. Click the transceiver effect’s “Transmit” button. This sets it to transmit mode.
  5. Set the transceiver effect’s “channel” knob to a number of your choice. Make a note of which channel number you choose, as you will need to set the receiving transceiver to the same channel number.
  6. Navigate to the location in your project where you want to place the receiver, either a track in an event or a bus in the mixer.
  7. Select the track or bus to see its signal chain in the deck.
  8. Right-click in the deck, and select “Add Effect > FMOD Transceiver” from the context menu. This adds a transceiver effect to the signal chain.
  9. The transceiver effect should already be set to “Receive” mode, but if it is not, click the “Receive” button to set it to receive mode.
  10. Set the transceiver effect’s “channel” knob to the same number you picked in step 5.

With that, the transceiver effects are set up and ready to use: Any signal that’s played at the location of an instance of the transmitting transceiver effect will be transmitted to the location of every instance of the receiving transceiver effect.

I should mention that if an event features a transceiver effect, there is no way to set that effect to have different channel values in different instances of that event. This means that every instance of that event will receive the same signals through its receiving transceiver effect. If you want different instances of an event featuring a receiving transceiver effect to play different signals, you will have give the event multiple receiving transceiver effects and automate their volume levels, or use multiple different events.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! :blush: