UE 5.3 Error in launching project: Plugin 'FMODStudio' failed to load because module 'FMODStudio' could not be found

Hi
I’m having an issue launching my project after packaging. The project packages just fine but when I try to launch it I get the message “Plugin ‘FMODStudio’ failed to load because module ‘FMODStudio’ could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project.”

I am using unreal version 5.3.2 and FMOD version 2.02.19. The plugin is installed and works in editor. The banks will load and i can play events without any issues. The problem only arises after I have packaged my project.

I do not know if this is relevant to the problem but FMOD also produces the following error messages during packaging:

LogFMOD: Error: d:\jk\workspace\Build__2.2__Unreal_Win\studio_api\src\fmod_riffstream.cpp(214) - assertion: ‘mRiffChunk.mType == ChunkType_Riff && mRiffChunk.mID == id’ failed
LogFMOD: Error: Failed to add bank …/…/…/…/…/…/Content/FMOD/Desktop/._Master.bank to lookup.
LogFMOD: Error: d:\jk\workspace\Build__2.2__Unreal_Win\studio_api\src\fmod_riffstream.cpp(214) - assertion: ‘mRiffChunk.mType == ChunkType_Riff && mRiffChunk.mID == id’ failed
LogFMOD: Error: Failed to add bank …/…/…/…/…/…/Content/FMOD/Desktop/._Master.strings.bank to lookup.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I managed to build the project eventually. What I had to do was disable the FMODNiagra Integration plugin and delete intermediate files. I was not able to remove the FMODNiagra Integration plugin entirely from the project however, as I could not package the project without it. I had to have it in my project but not enable it.

I’m glad you got it working, we can try to pinpoint the underlying issue here if you would like.

LogFMOD: Error: Failed to add bank …/…/…/…/…/…/Content/FMOD/Desktop/._Master.bank to lookup.

This looks like something has happened to the bank names, can you confirm that the settings are all correct for packaging?

https://fmod.com/docs/2.02/unreal/user-guide.html#packaging-banks

What I had to do was disable the FMODNiagra Integration plugin and delete intermediate files.

I can understand how deleting the intermediate files can remove some out of date or leftover files, but I’m not sure how or why removing the FMODNiagara integration plays a role here. Was there something else in the logs that made you think it needed to be removed?

Thanks for replying!

I can confirm that that the settings for packaging are correct.

There unfortunately wasn’t any clear sign that I needed to deactivate FMODNiagara integration in the logs. I only happened to stumble upon this solution after some time trying to get an empty project with only FMOD and my bank files to package.