UE4.24 crashes with FMOD 2.00.06

I added FMOD folder to UE4 engines plugin folder, enabled it in Unreal. Within engine says FMOD setting problem. The issue is bank output directory has not been added, so I add it, then it says to run FMOD validate, but with FMOD enabled clicking the help tab crashes the engine.

Ran into this as well. There’s a simple work around which involves modifying FMODStudioEditorModule.cpp at #321:

Change this:

MainMenuExtender->AddMenuExtension(
			"HelpBrowse", EExtensionHook::After, NULL, FMenuExtensionDelegate::CreateRaw(this, &FFMODStudioEditorModule::AddHelpMenuExtension));

to this:

MainMenuExtender->AddMenuExtension(
            "BugReporting", EExtensionHook::Before, NULL, FMenuExtensionDelegate::CreateRaw(this, &FFMODStudioEditorModule::AddHelpMenuExtension));

Seems that the Help menu might have changed in 4.24, and the “HelpBrowse” hook can no longer be used when calling BeginSection (which is needed to add the new FMOD help menu section). The issue is that “HelpBrowse” hook name is being used for more than just the section, so it gets called before the section has actually been closed (during the creation of a separator line I believe). The “BugReporting” section can still be used since that hook has no menu entries or separators with that same hook name.

2 Likes

This has been fixed for the next release, in the meantime you can find the changes on our Github repo: https://github.com/fmod/ue4integration/commit/db6c182c3f7aa6ec3789799717e6723b5263e5dc

I replaced that line of code with new, still crashes if I hit help, but the error log has changed.

Assertion failed: CurrentSectionExtensionHook == NAME_None && !bSectionNeedsToBeApplied [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Slate/Private/Framework/MultiBox/MultiBoxBuilder.cpp] [Line: 197]

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_FMODStudioEditor!FFMODStudioEditorModule::AddHelpMenuExtension() [f:\jk\workspace\2.0_ue4.24_win64\integrations\ue4\temp\fmodstudio\hostproject\plugins\fmodstudio\source\fmodstudioeditor\private\fmodstudioeditormodule.cpp:368]
UE4Editor_FMODStudioEditor!TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstance<0,FFMODStudioEditorModule,void __cdecl(FMenuBuilder &)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [c:\data\ue4\unreal engine\4.24\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:541]
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_ToolMenus
UE4Editor_ToolMenus
UE4Editor_ToolMenus
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore
user32
user32
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

The new plugin version of 2.00.07 has fixed this issue.