Unity 2021.2.0f1 webgl build failures - emscripten

Hello! I’ve migrated a project up to the unity 2021.2.0f1 that was working fine before in version 2021.1, and having issues building. I’ve exported the files to a fresh project and receive the same errors. I think it’s related to the fact that wasm builds are using Emscripten 2.0.19 now in the 2021.2 version according to this Unity release post:
UnityBlog

I’m wondering if there is a way for me to get around this, or if I should rollback the project to the previous version to workaround this? Thanks for everything!
Kevin

Here is the build error I’m getting:
Building Library\Bee\artifacts\WebGL\build\debug_WebGL_wasm\build.js failed with output:
wasm-ld: error: Assets/Plugins/FMOD/lib/html5/libfmodstudiounityplugin.bc: machine type must be wasm32 or wasm64
emcc2: error: ‘“C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.2.0f1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/WebGLSupport/BuildTools/Emscripten/llvm\wasm-ld.exe” @C:\Users\blanc\AppData\Local\Temp\emscripten_bcfxrfdn.rsp’ failed (1)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

Thank you for letting us know, I have reproduced your issue in the latest Unity Editor version. The last two FMOD releases are built against emscripten 2.0.20 so I don’t think it’s a version issue, in any case I have passed this issue along to our dev team to look into.
In the meantime I think rolling back to your old Unity version is a good idea!

Thanks a lot for the information Jeff. I’ve rolled back currently. Just wondering, when this is updated will there be a new unity FMOD version rolled out that I can download in the store? This is the first time I’ve ran into something like this. Take care!

Kevin

There will be a new version rolled out to the Unity asset store- usually it’s every 2nd release, you will be able to download it from our Download page if you don’t want to wait for it to come to the asset store.

Awesome, thanks a lot Jeff for the help!